New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Messed up; new words

Well, in every human being's life, there comes a time when they have messed up. Actually, daily we "mess up" or fall short in one area or another, but there are fewer times when it can put you on the spot. Most times, our short falls (sin) is known by us, affects us, and is for us to deal with one-on-one with the Lord, then there are other times when it is known by us and others, affects us and others, and it has to be dealt with us, others, and the Lord. And this is one of those times for me. For obvious reasons, I can't go into detail, but I can tell you that I should've stood up for what was on my heart every time I felt it. Though none stand with me, I will still follow. Isn't that what we've been singing in GAs for a long time, and on Sunday mornings for alter call? So, then why would I find it hard to do as a 33 year-old mom of three girls? INSECURITY!!!!!! Insecure in my abilities. Insecure in my walk with Christ. Fearful of rejection. Fear of not being eloquent enough in my words or backing. Yuck!! Those insecurities have put me into an uncomfortable position for this afternoon, and now I must be truthful, upfront and honest not only in front of the original people, but now with several others.

The scripture I'm choosing to memorize for the next two weeks is Jeremiah 17:7- Amplified version: Most blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in , and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.

My personal translation: Most blessed am I, Elizabeth Anne, when I believe in, trust in, and rely on the Lord, and when my hope and confidence is the Lord.

Honesty, even when it's not been solicited is always the best way to go. When the Lord says "speak", you "speak".

Girls, when I give you this book for a Christmas gift later this year, please read this: To stand in full confidence in the Lord, is to stand with Him. He loves you so very much and never intends for us to shy away into a corner. There are times to speak and times to listen. Listen when He says, "Ssshhh!!!!!", and open your sweet mouths when He says, "Speak!!!!" You will be blessed if you allow your Holy Spirit to prompt you each day, in every circumstance. Your mom loves you beyond words and I pray for you daily!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment