New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fire...Derby...not yet

It's 7:51 p.m. on a Thursday evening and I'm just sitting by the fire, and desperately trying to find words worth blogging. There are so many times that I just want to sit on my blog and write something, just because I can. I really want to go on and on about much of nothing and document every detail of the day, so that at the end of this year, when I buy the Kristin Paige book, then I will read through my entries like a diary of sorts.

I am excited to announce that I've memorized my first scripture for 2011. Translation mine:

Titus 2:5-6
In the same way, I should be an example to my girls and to the young women in my life; not gossipy or in love with the things of this world, so they may one day love their husbands and children, be sensible, pure, and good homemakers, so that God's word may not be slandered and return void.

Woohoo!!! A friend of mine told me today that her mother quotes scripture if she's having a hard time sleeping. Not to say that the Word is boring, rather it brings rest to her restless soul. She starts with A and recites a scripture that begins with A, like "All have fallen short of the glory of God. B, "Be still and know that I am God", and so on. Isn't that profound and fun?!? I thought that was a really neat way to see where you are in hiding God's word in your heart. Thank you Mrs. Peggy for lovin' the Lord and for being a Titus 2 woman to your daughter, and to the rest of us.

Katie is out with Andres on a "date night". They are buying her Derby race car decorations. Derby racing?!? Yes, friends. Katherine Elizabeth (100% girl) is going to enter into a Derby race with her father. I can't wait to see what types of stickers she picked out and what color she is going to paint her car. Andres has been researching "how to win a derby race" and he's finding some extreme measures to win, right down to the type of nails to hammer in. Wow!! Who would've thought!?

Sofie and Brie are already in bed. I found Brie asleep at the books. She had her MP3 player on and it was playing the song "Temporary Home" and I laughed and said "no more", and she woke up and said "uh, huh. it's not 'til we get to Heaven" Wow!!! She still sees her home with us as temporary because she's not home yet until she's face to face with God. Yeah!! Lord, I pray that you keep her heart tucked so close to yours. Please watch over her and give us wisdom on how to guide, and nurture her . Thank you for choosing us to be the parents of Melissa Brianne. She's a precious young girl, and it's with delight to watch her come into the young lady you've had in mind since her conception. From conception to adoption..........she's yours!

The sounds in my home right now are: crackling wood on the fireplace, Daisy grace snoring, cars passing by, the rustling of Sofie's crisp sheets, and the keyboard. I can hear so many things when I sit in silence. Lord, help me hear you in the silence of the evening. Thank you for the provision of warmth in our home, while so many spend night after night without a warm place to call their own. The fire that burns in my peripheral vision is but comfort to me, a way to paint the scene. It's not my only hope to warm the bodies of our three girls. In plenty we fall asleep, and in plenty we awake. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment