New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Sister's Prayer

There are many moments in  life that bring forth emotions, of one sort or another.  Perhaps the emotion is of an elation that stretches every muscle in your smile.  But . . .maybe . . .it's the kind of emotion that makes every tear drop gland work without a break.  That kind of emotion that takes you to the Father's heart, and hands.  The kind of hurt that bursts forth without a warning, and it cuts deep to the core.

Lord, please mend these holes in my heart.  Mend, and heal the deep aching in my heart where relationships are void.  Mend and heal those spots, whether my brothers come near or not.  I cannot put the life in which You have created for our family on hold, in the hope of tomorrow.  What is before me today, is the very truth I have to grasp, and then pray the tomorrow into Your hands.  I have no idea how long, or how deep this gaping hole will continue to grow.  Oh, how it hurts!!  I ache for my holes, the holes of my children, my husband, my mother (their mother), and the very holes that are burning flames of anger into their hearts.  Heal every one of us.  Complete Your good will and purpose for every one of our lives, and return each one of us to Your heart.  Give me an acceptance of the situation, until You do something different.

Lord, where there be sin in my life, clean it.  Where there is pain, heal it.  Bind up the wounds of this weary spirit, and spring forth the fountain of hope and joy.  Joy, and peace, which brings unity!  Please allow me to live this out, with full evidence for my children to see as a living example of what hope waits for.  Lord, bring glory to Your good name, and let those around us see ashes recreate into something inexplicable.  Let those around us not question who You are, but see who You are, simply by the works of Your hands.  Let them see a 21 Century miracle before their very eyes.  Let them find a divided family, turn united.  A waywardly son, return. Tears, turned to laughter.  Slumped shoulders of sorrow, turned upright and bold in witness.  Let them see You.

Tonight, I go to bed with a heavy heart, and Lord, I pray that You collect every tear of pain and return it to the earth of my heart as a promise of healing.  Let the supernatural, do something to this natural body.  Bring my brothers and I back into fellowship, and do not let one more week pass before contact has been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment