New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Monday, January 14, 2013

I Thess.4:1-11 simplified.....

Moving ahead of this Sunday's sermon: 

I Thessalonians 4:1-12

v. 1-5 (tells us to live to please God)
           *  be sanctified
           *  avoid sexual immorality
           *  control your body in a way that is holy-not in lust

v.8 (When you do not do the above; it is not against your parents, grandparents, friends, youth leader, pastor, boss.............rather it's against God.)

v.11 (Life Ambition should be....)
          *  lead a quiet life
          *  mind your own business
          *  work with your hands to win respect with outsiders and so that you do not depend on others


It felt great to get into the Word tonight, and of course I love it when it's easy to put into simple terms.  I can see that I need to live to please God through sanctification, avoiding sexual immorality, and controlling my body.  My life's ambition comes with living a quiet life, minding my own business, and working with my hands to provide for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment