New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Monday, July 25, 2011

Mochilas hanging. . .

Just a few more weeks until alarm clocks are waking us, homework demands our attention, students waiting for their assignments, friends are being reunited, teachers are working out the new names of their students, event calendars are handed out, bells are sounding, lunch bags are filled once again, and so much more. In just a few weeks, a new school year starts.





With so many things up in the air this past summer, we weren't sure if we were going to be here or there. I couldn't allow the normal anticipation of a new school year begin, because I wasn't even sure of what our home address would be. I'm thankful for answered prayers, even if it's a "no" for now. A "no", allows us to move. It allows us to move forward with anticipation, and it even refreshes our excitement for where we are right this very moment.





The beauty of a new school year at our Christian school is the size. I get to keep one set of students I had last year, as a new round comes. I get to hear stories from familiar names on my roll sheets, and work on memorizing faces with names for the new group. Each one so special....each one as unique as the group before them. I can hardly wait!





Every year, I gear up with new ideas, new ways of doing things, improvements to what worked last year, and scratching out things that didn't work. It's a time of growth, a time of evaluation and a moment of reflection.





Lord, thank you for our three precious students that will be gracing a new desk. Three girls for Him, waiting to let their light shine in a unique, individual way. Thank you for three girls that will impact their graduating classes in ways we cannot count. Seventh grade, second grade, and a Pre-K bridge class will not be the same this year, simply because these three girls are in attendance. I pray that you walk with them, lead them, give them hearts full of gratitude, joy and excitement for what You're going to teach them this year. History, English, Science, foreign language, even SST, have all been created by You. Let them find a wonder in their studies. What a gift!





Father, be with me, as I prepare for a new school year. Help me stay focused, patient, and steadfast. Allow me to find that special something in the faces of my students. Help me build upon the foundation that You have laid with their parents. Allow moments of growth to take place, and help us recognize you in our moments of VICTORY, and call upon You when feeling DEFEATED. Thank you for new beginnings in August.





With much love,





Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment