New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Thursday, July 21, 2011

It stops here. . .

After several weeks of waiting, wondering and even dreaming, we received our answer. The answer is no. It doesn't mean that He wasn't where He needed us or that He wasted our time. It just means that He hasn't revealed His plan. The "no" is still apart of the plan.

Disappointment, a deep sigh, and a feeling of wonder is here, but it's fading quickly. Now, we know we are to stay right here.........looking at the same windows, watching the same cars pass by as they head home after a long day's work, and it's an opportunity. An opportunity to draw closer to family and friends and meet their needs. It means we serve a little harder and also be served. Intrastate phone calls instead of Interstate. A quick drive over instead of a flight. That's all. That's still wonderful!

So, I gear up. I pick up school supply lists. I begin my Spanish lesson plans for the my level 1 and 2 kids. I prepare us for a new school year. AND I still keep my eye open. He's doing His thing, and I want to be found faithful in the waiting.

Today's verse:

Isaiah 30:15

For the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, has said:
"You will be delivered by returning and resting; your strength will lie in quiet confidence..."

Lord, Let me return, rest, and lie in quiet confidence. What a wonderful place to be! Oh..........and help me clean my house today. So much to do........

I love you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment