New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day twenty-two without Dad

Good morning Lord.....Praise You, Praise You, Praise You!!!!!  Your mercies are indeed new each morning.  Today Katie woke up and said, "Mom, I found sunshine again.", and it seems that you are granting that to several other family members!!  It feels like a breakthrough of sorts.  Last night, we had victory when Katie began to talk very candidly with us about Dad's passing and she even watched the slideshow from his funeral service.  There was a FLOOD of tears, but we knew that it was necessary to move to the next step.  There's nothing more the enemy would want then for her to let her light dim out, with the loss of her biggest earthly love- Dad.  Aside from her Mom and Dad, her Papa was the first love of her life and it was her first heartbreak.  The enemy knows this, and he'd love to confuse her about her purpose.  Life needs Katie, and Katie needs life!  You are the life giver and even in death, life is to be had. Eternally!  So, Lord, as much as we have been on our knees begging for the pain to be lifted, today I stand and lift my hands to the Heavens in Praising You for the sunshine!!  After all, Dad's nick name for the girls was "Papa Sunshine." 

Be with Mom today as she visits with a counselor for the first time, and begins to glue back the pieces of her broken heart.  I picture a mosaic piece just waiting to be created!  Create something new in her from all the pieces of her life and grant me the honor of watching it be displayed.  Oh, how the people will want to meet the Artist of such a creation, and I know Mom will give out Your name each and every time!

So, Lord for today, on day 22 without Dad, I give you all my praise for giving us a fresh breath of air.  Thank you for healing Andres, giving Katie sunshine in her heart, givng Brie a spring in her step and just blessing Sofia with continued innocense of a child.  Oh............and THANK YOU for allowing me to see Dad in my dreams last night.  I asked You before I fell asleep to please allow me to see him and hug him one last time, and you granted that!  I want to share with my family members, but not sure if I should.  It felt so great to feel Dad's embrace one more time.  I could feel the crispness of his jacket, and as I wrapped my arms fully around his mid-section (belly as I would refer to it with Dad), I could feel his embrace.  I cried so hard in my dream and found that when I woke up, I was covered in my tears in real life too.  Thank you for such an experience.

With so much love and life today,



Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment