New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Frozen Yogurt and Toppings


What topping are you to Him?
Today marks almost one week since discovering the depth of my allergy to salicylic acid, and I've been watching so much of what I eat and consume.  Weird how so much contains this particular allergen, and all along I've thought it was a chemical only found in face products.  I feel a bit slimmer, less bloated, have experienced a decrease in swelling of my ankles, more focused, and when I have my one cup-of-coffee a day, I can really tell a difference.  I instantly start clearing my throat, and it's crazy to me how this one annoying aspect of my daily life was tied into what I was drinking/eating.  Coffee is such an experience to me, and to not have at least one-a-day, is not right.  :)  It's a morning ritual, and I will push through a little swelling and throat clearing to enjoy the 8 oz. of enjoyment. 

But, that's not the point of today's entry.  A close friend of mine encouraged me to jot down something I mentioned yesterday, to share with others.

I was telling her how I have grown so much much closer to Christ, in Silver, because it was so barren in the "extras".  I didn't have a Bible study group to attend, a women's ministry that I could be actively involved in, the praise and worship was simply sweet (emphasis on simple), and the messages were given by a variety of pastors.  I love our current church, for the people within it's walls, but it's been hard to not have a pastor for a year and a half and all the "extras".

He lifts the toppings up, sustains them, and He NEVER melts!


I told my friend that I have learned what it means to have Christ as my all-in-all, like the main substance of frozen yogurt, and when we return to Georgia the toppings will come. I don't want to switch that focus to women's Bible studies, children's ministries, amazing praise and worship being my yogurt, and having Christ as my topping (or after thought).  I want to keep Him first, and allow the sweet things of the "Bible Belt" to add to what He and I already have.

Load up your cup full of Him, whatever that flavor might be, and sprinkle on the colorful parts of life on top!  He lifts the toppings up, sustains them, and guess what?!?  He NEVER melts!!!  It's ongoing, and the toppings can even change.  Some seasons in life call for sprinkles, and other seasons call for chunks of brownies!  He loves each one of us so much, and it amazes me that He finds everyone of us as His favorite topping!!

 I think I'm sprinkles, to Him, for sure!  What topping are you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment