New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On a label...

Well, it's time! It's time for me to have a blog for this family-of-five! It's time to have a place for me to keep running thoughts and journal along the way, without sending out very long e-mails! :) It's time to just have a place to share with family and friends what only God can do in the lives of our three girls (Brie, Katie, Sofie).

Here is a picture of our first family photo, since Brie has been home with us. We had a great Christmas and it was so special to share it with someone whom we've been praying for and working towards for four years!

More to come later! Are you kidding?!!? Lots more to come later, but for now, I will keep it to a photo and one special note. This was Brie's first Christmas to have gifts under the tree with labels made out specifically for her. Not a generic "Girl, age 8", but a well-intended, purchased gift with "To: Brianne, From: Dad/Mom". Isn't God so good? Isn't that what He does for us in our salvation story? Our salvation story comes with a "To: Elizabeth Anne, From: Your Heavenly Father", and to think of it, I was 12 when I had my first "label" too. That's when I opened the gift of salvation and accepted it as my own. TWELVE for Brie and me!

Enjoy this very cold, rainy evening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment